Hello precious friends! I hope you are all turning a page for 2017 and facing each day with kindness! I also hope you all make even more super cool friends on the server than you did in 2016. However, with meeting people there are a few things to keep in mind.
Meeting new people can be super fun and exciting, as it should be, but it can also be quite dangerous. Most of you, I hope, have had a parent or guardian talk to you about the dangers of the internet and knowing how smart you are you told them you understand and not to worry. The issue is though sometimes you may not know you are doing something potentially harmful and you should worry, or at least be cautious. Please be very VERY warry of who you add on Skype, Instagram, or Snapchat and all around avoid kik.
Now, many of you know a lot of upper staff are a fair bit older than the players so we’ve seen/experienced some scary and dangerous things. The biggest mistake you can make in meeting people online is trusting them too soon and telling them too much information about you. NEVER release your full name to anyone, not even to staff, we don’t need to know it ans will never ask for it. Also avoid having usernames or account profile names with your last name in it, this makes you quite easy to find online. Especially avoid passwords with your name in them.
We don’t enforce the rule that you need to be 14 years or older to play however we will be expecting you to act mature enough if you choose to play here. Most of you are teens or are about to be. Your parents are giving you a bit more freedom and privacy. That’s great, however please keep in mind some of these general tips of safety when playing on servers, getting too comfortable with your new found freedom can put you in danger.
Server Safety Tips1.Do not give out personal information like your full name, address, phone number, etc. Same goes with giving out a friends.
2. If you are talking to someone or see something that makes you feel uncomfortable tell a staff member. We will deal with it quietly and quickly.
3. NEVER agree to meet someone from online unless you have talked thoroughly with a parent about it and they plan to go with you.
4. Don’t post pictures of yourself online.
5. If someone sends you a mail or message that is mean or inappropriate please contact staff. Again, we will deal with it quickly and quietly.
6. Let your parent’s know what server you are playing on. They may be curious what you are doing on minecraft. Show them the server and let them see how much we are here to help you have fun and protect you too.
7. NEVER give out passwords to your accounts or anyone else's accounts.
8. Always be appropriate yourself and keep your chat clean aside from the occasional curse word.
Stay safe and always keep your safety and comfort above anyone else's needs.